06.20.10 ~ My Lesson on the Atonement ...

I taught in Relief Society today and the lesson was on the Atonement (Chapter 12 in the Gospel Principles manual). I was overwhelmed with having to teach such a heavy and important lesson, but it went wonderfully. I was able to teach all the doctrine that I needed to, as well as get some discussion in on what kind of blessings the Atonement brings into our lives. The Spirit was felt very strongly in the room and I ended the lesson with this video I made. I wanted to share it with those that read my blog ... I hope we can all draw upon the blessings of the Atonement more ...

When making this video, I chose most images of Christ that showed an "embrace." Tad R. Callister, author of "The Infinite Atonement," said that an embrace is not only a figurative symbol of the Atonement, but a literal, physical symbol of the Atonement. I love the imagery of it and how it shows that we can be reconciled with our Heavenly Father because of what Jesus Christ did for us ... literally "at one" with Him ...

(you have to click on the screen AFTER you push play, and it will take you to the youtube.com site so you can see the whole screen - for some reason, it's cut off on my blog)

4 comments:

Steph said...

Holy cow Amber. I have no idea how you made that video, but it was really good. Thanks for sharing it. I would have loved to have heard your lesson. I am sure you are a wonderful teacher. Love you.

Kristal said...

You did do an awesome job teaching that lesson. Thanks for the video, I missed it in class. Hannah was watching it with me, on one of the pictures where Jesus is holding a little child she said "ahhh cute!" so she enjoyed it too!

Mike C. said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I used your video to pump me up for when I taught that same lesson today in Elders' Quorum.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amber...beautiful video. I've enjoyed reading & seeing your blog! Love you! Aly