10.11.09 ~ Connor's Blessing Day ...

Nate and I made the quick decision to go on a road trip and visit my family in Salt Lake! We realized that we could easily just travel with Connor since Nate was out of job at the time, and I on maternity leave. So a week later, after general conference, we ended up in Salt Lake for a few days. I absolutely LOVED seeing my family. My mom was thrilled to be able to see Connor again, and I enjoyed being surrounded by a big family all the time – so many people to chat with, and kids running around like crazy – it’s music to my ears. ☺

At Aubrie's Oly High Soccer Game ...

Nate hanging out with some of our nieces ...

The other reason we decided to go to Salt Lake was the fact that Nate was nice enough to let us bless him there so my family could be involved. The Sunday we were there was also my brother Jeff’s homecoming, so it was a very special day. Nate did a great job blessing Connor (I’m so glad I’m the mom and not the dad) – I'd be so nervous. The blessing was given so beautifully, and I started balling right away. I loved being able to have my brothers (and bro-in-law), uncle(s), and my dad in the circle. I could feel the Priesthood power so strongly. It was very special and Connor was quiet through the whole blessing as well. He is a very good baby overall and hardly ever cries to begin with, so I wasn’t expecting too much to come out of him at the time. Connor was also wrapped in both Paul and Cindi's (Nate's parents) blessing blankets that they were blessed in when they were babies. It was a very special way to have the Jorgensen side of the family involved while being in Salt Lake. Thank you Cindi.

Connor in his blessing outfit ... his hands got lost in the sleeves ...

Grandpa and Grandma Colton holding their 13th grandchild ...

And of course, later on when we are celebrating at home with friends and family, he poops in his blessing outfit and leaks all over the side of it! Isn’t that always the case? Baby leaks poop on outfit and has baby acne on his/her blessing day? ☺ It was a very precious, memorable day …

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Congratulations! He's so darling all in white.