09.19.09 ~ When Will it Ever Fall Off? ...

So this umbilical cord stump is so close to falling off, and Nate and I can't wait. Why, you ask? ... Because of the SMELL it gives off! Whewee! So awful ... I think it accidentally got a little wet when I gave Connor his sponge bath the other day, and now it has been really stinky. Don't worry ... it's not infected or anything, and it is drying up wonderfully ... it just stinks like crazy! Like I said, can't wait for it to fall off. Only a couple more days of alcohol rubbing and drying up ... and hopefully it'll come off sooner than later!

3 comments:

Julie Pia said...

I know huh? That is so gross! I was always so happy when the darn thing fell off.

What a beautiful babe Amber! He is so stinkin cute! (no pun intended) You've got to bring him to Utah so I can get in line and snuggle him!

I have a gift for you, so I can either give it to Tiff or wait until you make your grand entrance.....

love you and glad everything went well!

Jeff and Rach said...

He is darling!!! I felt like Chandler's cord stayed on extra long. I was really annoyed with it. It is nice when they fall off though.

Let us know when you will be in Utah. I want to get my hands on that boy!

Jana said...

I had the same problem with Ian. It hung on forever and smelled so bad!

Natalie's accidentally got ripped off when she was about 4 days old. Secretly, I was relieved.