04.30.09 ~ Turning 28 Years Old ...

I had a great 28th birthday! My boss, Suzanne, gave me two very nice gift cards (one to Baby Gap, and one to a yummy restaurant), and she also gave me the afternoon off from work! What a great lady. Also, Chelsea, a good friend of mine, came by my office at lunch time and surprised me with balloons and a yellow carnation! She also took me out to lunch, and it really made my day. She was so thoughtful. My day was not over yet though ... I then went home after lunch, and took a fabulous nap. After I woke up, Cindi (my mother-in-law) stopped by to give me gifts! They were all so thoughtful and it was fun to sit and chat with her for a bit. After Cindi left, another good friend of mine stopped by ... Kristen ... and she came by to give me a gift as well! I visited with her for awhile, and it was great to have good company on my b-day. I also received many texts, phone calls and emails/facebook messages from friends and family ... and to end it all ... my Dad, Mom, and Aubrie called me at 10 PM and sang "happy birthday" to me over the phone. I must say, I teared up after hearing my Dad singing in his operatic, booming voice ... gotta love family.


Nate was out of town for work this week, so he made sure to make my birthday special even though he wasn't with me by sending me some beautiful roses ... with this note (attached below) ...


I love my husband. He's the best ...

No comments: