04.23.09 ~ Pregnancy Update ...

The last couple of days, I thought I had started to feel the baby move, but wasn't sure. After having my anatomical ultrasound, I definitely know what it feels like when the baby moves. After all of her poking and prodding, she made the baby move a few times, and I then confirmed what I had been feeling really was the baby moving! It is such a wonderful feeling and I am excited for the day when Nate will be able to feel him move as well.

I also just wanted to quickly mention how grateful I am for not being a "sick pregnant woman." The worse thing I've had is acid reflux, but the doctor told me it was safe to take Zantac, and that has helped immensely. I was getting it every day, but now that I'm taking Zantac, I hardly ever get it anymore. Phew! Other than that, I can't complain! I can still exercise (in moderation), I sleep very comfortably with my body pillow, I don't ever get sick or throw up ... I'm so lucky and feel so blessed!

I did get my first stretch mark a couple of days ago, but I am trying out three different body lotions/oils on my belly right now to see if it will help minimalize how many I get, and hopefully it will make the one I got go away! If not ... again ... not the end of the world ... I've accepted the fact that when you are pregnant you get bigger, you get stretch marks, your body changes - and that's okay.

I've been very blessed and I can't believe I am already half way through my pregnancy! And now that I know we are having a boy, I get to go shopping and make this all a reality by putting together our baby nursery room. So exciting ... I'm so happy to be pregnant! It was well worth the wait to feel this happy!

No comments: