09.20.11 ~ Fire! Fire! ...

So, awhile back Connor really got into any show that had "Fireman Sam" in it. He fell in love with fire trucks and anything having to do with them - especially now that we live in New York and you hear a fire truck almost every five minutes ...

Last Christmas, Connor also got a toy fire truck from his great-grandma Hayes, which he literally has to have up on the table every morning while he eats his breakfast. Can I just say ... obsessed ... maybe? ...
He also calls the fireman that comes with the truck, "fireneenat," which stands for "Fireman Sam."

Connor drinks from a water bottle every day that has a fire truck on it. Whenever he wants to quench his thirst, this is what I hear ... "eeeee-oooooo-eeeeee-ooooo" ... don't really know how to "spell out" a fire truck siren, but yeah, that's what he does ....

So today, when I was at Payless Shoe Stores, getting Connor some new shoes, I came across these "one-of-a-kind" firemen boots. It was raining quite heavily today, so I thought, "these might actually come in handy." So I bought them, thinking that the boots would both serve a purpose and make my little boy very happy ... as you can see ...

So I just was planning on buying the boots at Payless, but when I went to Target afterwards, and saw THIS (see below) in the costume section, I just couldn't resist. Now Connor's got the whole ensemble to be his very own "Fireman Sam" and he is happy as could be. He had a major tantrum when I made him take his boots off for his nap. Right now, he's a fireman through and through, and I think I can justify the purchase by saying he's got a great rain slicker, hat and boots now for Fall! ...

4 comments:

Brookel said...

yeah for boy dress ups, i have had a hard time coming up with them for cohen, poor little guy wears eden's dresses and shoes and hats a lot of the time :)

Taylor and Cami Weight said...

SOooo cute! I love him in his whole outfit, especially the boots! Bridger just wore his rain boots for the first time on Saturday and loves them too! Yay for the rain :)

Tiff said...

Too cute! He is a firefighter man for sure :)

Steph said...

What a cute boy. Love his smile.