09.03.11 ~ A Day at the US Open ...

So now that I am living in New York, I couldn't pass up the chance to attend the US Open tennis tournament that goes on in Flushing Meadows, NY, every Fall. I was able to go for one day, on a Saturday, while Nate stayed home with Connor. I loved every second of it and had such a blast - even all by myself. It was a dream come true to be able to sit and watch these amazing tennis players play at a grand slam event.

I was able to leave around 7am from my house, hop on the subway, and then arrive with no hassle at all at the grounds around 8:30am. Here is a picture of getting off the subway ... all I had to do was walk down this boardwalk and get in line to get into the grounds ...

Am I really here? ...

Yes I am! ... Walking into the grounds ... the outside view of Arthur Ashe Stadium ...

I got in line so early that I was able to get a third-row seat at the Grandstand Stadium. I was so close to the players and the match - it was absolutely amazing. I was so close that I actually almost got hit by a ball that Fernando Verdasco hit out - I had to duck, and FAST! I later noticed this sign down in front ...

My favorite match I watched that day was when Schiavone won against Scheepers in a tight 3-set match. I've always been a fan of hers - she is Italian through and through and wears her emotions on her sleeve. So fun to watch ...

Thanks USTA ... 'til next year, US Open! I'll be back!!!

1 comment:

Julie Pia said...

You are so lucky Amber. I'm glad you got to go!!!! So Jealous!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo