03.15.11 ~ Tennis in Indian Wells ...

My mom and dad surprised me at Christmas with one of the best gifts I could ever receive. They took me to Indian Wells, California, where we got to watch all the professional tennis players play in a tennis tournament (the BNP Paribas Tournament - they call it the "fifth major"). It was AMAZING. One of the best trips of my life. I got to see all the greats and my favorite player of all time - Roger Federer. This trip was basically sitting in the sun for thirteen hours each day, and I loved every minute of it. I got to see the players so up close - front row for most of the twenty-plus matches I saw. It was a trip to remember and I loved going with my mom, dad, and grandpa.

My grandpa, mom, and dad ...

All sticky and sweaty from the day ... me and my mom ...

Roger Federer ... the most amazing tennis player in my book ... I got to watch him play in a doubles match from the front row ...

I took over 8 gb of pictures and video, but it would take too long to post all the players I watched both practice and play in matches. Thank you so much Mom and Dad! And thanks to my sister for watching Connor while I was away for five days! It was such a nice break from taking care of him 24/7 while Nate is away in New York.

No comments: