01.09.10 ~ Nate's Surprise Party ...

Nate is turning 30 on January 12th, so I thought this year would be a good one to throw him a surprise birthday party. It is stressful planning a surprise party - making sure people are there to yell "surprise," making sure Nate doesn't find out, and making sure 18 people can fit in our tiny condo. :) But everything went smoothly, and Nate was floored. He has never had a surprise party, and he said he almost had a heart attack when he walked in the door. Well, I have the footage to prove it, along with some pictures of that night's celebration ...



Nate doesn't like cake too much, so I got 6 different flavored pies from Village Inn instead ... surprisingly, we didn't have much left over which I was happy about. Everyone loves pie ...




The theme for the party was to bring gifts that made Nate feel like a kid again. He thought turning 30 was so old, but we reminded him with "kid gifts" just how young he still is ...




Happy 30th Birthday Nate! You are still a kid at heart in my book!

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

I'm glad the swords have already been put to good use. I envisioned hours of fun for you two when I bought them.

Happy Birthday, Nate!

SnellieFam said...

I'm so sorry we missed it! You must not have my updated e-mail, and Chris didn't get your message until it was to late. I'm glad it was fun!

Kristal said...

Looks like it was really fun! I'm glad he enjoyed it. Oh by the way our blog address is rkredfamily.blogspot.com