12.06.11 ~ Christmas Time in New York ...

Although we haven't had any snow other than one fluke storm back in October, it still definitely feels like Christmas time here in New York. My sister-in-law, Kristen, came to visit for a couple of days and I had so much fun showing her some of the sights - especially during this time of year ...

Something I've loved seeing around the city is ... Christmas trees! They sell trees on almost every block - right on the sidewalks. I love walking through a bundle of trees and smelling the pine. I grew up always having a "real Christmas tree," so it brings back memories of home ...

Connor and me in front of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree ...

There were some fun Christmas decorations out by the Rockefeller center - huge Christmas lights - Connor loved it all ...

Kristen and me ... we were expecting cold weather, but instead got mid-60s, rainy, and very humid! ... That didn't stop us from having fun though! ...

One of my favorites ... the HUGE ornaments in the fountain ...

This was Connor's favorite, of course .... Choo! Choo! ...

The Rockefeller Building - so pretty against the dark gray sky ...

For a brief moment, I felt like I was at Temple Square in Utah ... or at the Botanical Gardens in Colorado ... I love the "twinkle lights," as Connor would call them ...

Kristen was so sweet and bought Connor a "Sock Monkey" hat. He looks absolutely adorable in it ... "thanks, Auntie Kristen!" ...

Connor can't wait for Christmas ... and neither can I ... walking around in New York City during Christmas time is magical, and it gets me so excited for this wonderful Holiday!

No comments: