04.30.11 ~ My Magic Birthday ...

What is my "magic birthday," you ask? It is turning 30 on the 30th! :) And what a magic birthday it was ...

We first stopped by my MIL's (mother-in-law) to drop off Connor for the weekend. Before Nate wisked me away for the next couple of days, we ate cake and ice cream to celebrate as a family. Cindi, my MIL, bought this beautiful cake and it was quite delicious too ...

Connor wanted to be in on all the action and was mesmerized by me blowing out the candles. He was also decked out for the occasion with his "beads." :) He is quite stylish ...

Then, without giving any hints, we drove for the next couple of hours through the mountains and stopped in Vail to eat at this wonderful, AMAZING restaurant called Dish. All I can say is, again, AMAZING ... one of the top restaurants I've ever eaten at. We absolutely loved it.

The inside and outside both didn't look too fancy, but the food was as gourmet as it gets. We chose to have the chef cook 6 different samples of what was on the menu (very popular choice there), and it was such a great food experience. We walked in a little hesitant, and walked out loving the place. I hope I will be able to go back there again some day ...

After my magical dinner, it was on to this magical hotel where we stayed the next two nights ...

Although it snowed the majority of the time we were there, I loved being able to spend time with my hubby after being gone from him for so long. And the atmosphere was so magical. Vail will always be a special place to remember ...

Thanks to all those that made my 30th such a magical day and weekend!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Amber, Looks like you had an awesome birthday. I'm so glad. That restaurant looks sweet too. Amazing that you live close enough to Vail to do that. I suppose you will be dining at the famous restaurants in NYC for the next few years. Happy 30th. Love you.

Taylor and Cami Weight said...

Fun! I was wondering what surprise Nate had in store for you and happy to hear you had a really great time! Love and miss you!