02.22.09 ~ Telling the Colton Family ...

I can't believe I was able to wait to especially tell my mom, but I so badly wanted to tell her, along with everyone else, in person. And I did! It was awesome. I had come to Utah to watch Tiff and Bri's kids while they went to Hawaii for a week, and it was coincidental that Nate was coming to Salt Lake for work as well. The hard thing, was that I had to wait to tell my family until the very end of my stay, because Nate wasn't arriving in Utah until the end of my trip. But it all worked out perfectly ...

I told my mom that I wanted a big family get-together on Sunday, so that Nate and I could be together with everyone. We pulled it off - everyone was there, except for those out of town (Jake in Chicago, and Jeff on a mission). Jana wasn't there right when I announced it, because she had just had a baby (Natalie) a few days ago, but she came later and I was able to tell her in person as well. Grandma Colton was able to come as well, and it made it all the more special.

So after we ate our famous "Sunday dinner" - omelets and toast - I actually was able to get everyone together for a "picture." Kristen, Nate's sister, came down from Park City to visit us, and she was a great help in my grand scheme as well. She was the one taking all the "pictures," and when it came for her to take a picture with my camera, she instead switched it to "record." It's so funny how my family stays still forever after, "waiting for her to take the picture." Some of them thought Kristen was joking, in some cruel way ... to get us all to smile. Obviously, after I explained to them all that I "really am pregnant," they caught on.



It was a very memorable moment, and I am so proud of myself for being able to wait to tell them all in person! It was especially hard when I went on a couple of walks with mom throughout the week I was tending, and we would talk about the next steps in my "fertility treatments," etc. I really kept the secret well with all my lies!

No comments: